How to Connect a DSL Modem on an IP Gateway
- Take the DSL modem out of the box and make sure that you have: the DSL modem, the power adapter, the network cable (RJ-45) and the telephone cord.
- Take the IP gateway out of the box and make sure you have: the IP gateway, the power adapter and the network cable (RJ-45).
- Plug one end of the network cable (RJ-45) into the « Ethernet » port in the back of the modem .Plug the other end into the blue Internet port on the IP gateway.
- Plug one end of the network cable (RJ-45) into the back of the IP gateway, into the « Ethernet (yellow) » port and the other into the computer’s network adapter card.
- Plug one end of the telephone cord into the DSL modem and the other into the wall jack.
Plug the power adapter into the DSL modem. When the first 3 lights (« Power », « Ethernet » et « DSL »), are on and stop flashing, plug the power adapter into the IP gateway.
- Activate your 911 address. See the procedure.
Note on telephone filters:
Every telephone device (telephones and faxes) must have its own filter:
GVC filters : Must be plugged into a WALL JACK. Then plug in the telephone cord leading to the telephone (telephone-cable-filter-wall jack).
Daewoo filters : Must be plugged directly into the TELEPHONE. Then, plug in the telephone cord leading to the wall jack (telephone-filter-cable-wall jack).
Very important : The DSL modem should NEVER, be connected to a filter.