How to Connect a DSL Modem to a Computer
- Take the DSL modem out of the box and make sure that you have: the DSL modem, the power adapter, the network cable (RJ-45) and the telephone cord.
- Plug one end of the network cable (RJ-45) into the back of the modem, into the « Ethernet » port, and the other into the computer’s network adapter card.
- Plug the telephone cord into the modem’s « DSL » port and in the phone wall jack.
- Plug the power adapter into the modem.
- Once the « DSL » light is on and has stopped flashing, the process is complete. Simply use your Internet connection!
Note: See also Modems used by ORICOM INTERNET
Note on telephone filters:
Every telephone device (telephones and faxes) must have its own filter:
GVC filters : Must be plugged into a WALL JACK. Then plug in the telephone cord leading to the telephone (telephone-cable-filter-wall jack).
Daewoo filters : Must be plugged directly into the TELEPHONE. Then, plug in the telephone cord leading to the wall jack (telephone-filter-cable-wall jack).
Very important : The DSL modem should NEVER, be connected to a filter.