IT Team Leader
Oricom Internet is currently looking for a team leader for its IT department. Under the supervision of the IT Manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for supervising the network and computer systems administration team. His or her task will include planning, prioritizing and helping to carry out various IT and network projects while ensuring that day-to-day operations run smoothly.
- Assess the duration of tasks and assign them to team members while monitoring their completion.
- Be actively involved in the planning and carrying out of various projects and day-to-day operations.
- Play a major role in supporting the members of the team.
- Ensure that team members follow established procedures.
- Take stock of objectives achieved and provide initial estimates for cost-benefit analysis.
- Keep a constant eye on the company’s area of business (technology, market, competition, etc.).
Details of opportunity
|Work place||Québec, QC|
|Number of position to fill||1|
|Start date||As soon as possible|
|Hours per week||40|
|Diploma||Bachelor's degree in computer science or other relevant area|
|Experience||Minimum 2 years of team supervision|
Mastery of the principles of planning and prioritization
Relevant experience with Brocade, Juniper and HP network equipment
Experience with Debian operating systems
In-depth knowledge of the principal protocols: BGP, OSPF, DNS, SMTP, etc.
Expertise in management of redundant virtualization solutions
Expertise in LAMP hosting
Knowledge of the latest Microsoft operating systems
Knowledge of OpenStack an asset
Excellent ability to assimilate and adapt to a constantly changing environment
Available outside of regular working hours to respond to emergencies
Good knowledge of both oral and written French and English
Special skills: Strong teamwork skills; analysis and problem solving skills; good organizational and planning skills; ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels; project management skills; ability to draft technical documents; capacity to work under pressure; ability to work independently and take initiative, creativity, integrity.
Salary to be discussed
To apply: send your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org.