Do you find it easy to guide people remotely for technical advice? Are you a good communicator, dynamic and able to popularize technical information? We are looking for a resourceful candidate who has a good analytical mind and who loves finding solutions tailored to specific client needs. Are you always on the lookout for new trends in technology? You are ready to be part of our team!
The main task of this position is to provide first line support to customers having difficulty with equipment, devices, applications and software necessary for internet browsing.
It can be a paid internship for computer or networking training. Part-time work during the school season and full-time in the summer.
- Provide a high level of technical support either by phone, email and in person;
- Diagnose connection, mail or telephone problems and document them;
- Suggest solutions and support the client throughout the resolution process;
- Configure the software and equipment required for Internet and telephony services (modems, routers, mail software, etc.);
- Respond to emails and ensure the management, follow-up and documentation of technical tickets.
Supported platforms and software
- Windows and Apple;
- Outlook, Mail, Thunderbird;
- Edge, Internet explorer, Chrome, Safari.
Assistance is provided on equipment such as :
- Cable, DSL and FTTN modems;
- Home routers such as TP-Link, D-Link and Linksys;
- Smart devices, such as mobile phones, tablets, game consoles and smart TVs.
|Job location||Quebec, QC|
|Address||400, Nolin Street|
|Work schedule||Part time | Day, evening and weekend schedule|
|Hours per week||15 to 40|
|Hourly salary||$16,53 to $20,45 according to experience|
|Diploma||High school or vocational diploma in technical support|
|Experience||Minimum of 6 months experience in technical support or internship to obtain your diploma in technical support|
- Good knowledge of software used for the Internet (Edge, Safari, Chrome, Outlook, Mail, etc.);
- Knowledge of domestic routers such as TP-Link, D-Link and Linksys; -Good knowledge of domestic network as well as Windows and Apple platforms;
- Having the facility to guide people remotely for the resolution of technical problems;
- Be able to simply explain the technical steps to follow;
- Diploma or certification in computer science is an asset.
- Be a good communicator dynamic and empathetic;
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills, like adapting to the personality of clients;
- Demonstrate excellent analytical and diagnostic skills.