How to Connect a Cable Modem to Your Computer
- Take the cable modem out of the box and make sure that you have: the modem, the power adapter and the network adapter card (RJ-45).
- Plug one end of the network cable (RJ-45) into the back of the modem, into the « Ethernet » port, and the other into the computer’s network adapter card.
- Plug the (coaxial) cable into the modem.
- Plug the power adapter into the modem.
- Once the « Online » light is on and has stopped flashing, a window will pop up and you are done!
Note: See also Modems used by ORICOM INTERNET